Friday, December 23, 2011

Not What I Expected For Christmas!!!!

Yesterday, I left my house to run some errands.  This is what the corner of the kitchen in my old house looked like.
While I was gone, my husband let my kids take hammers to the wall after he tore the sheetrock off as my 3-yr-old son said, "Let's get this party started."  They love to destruct our house!!!!  The lathe and plaster had to go to add some new electrical outlets and insulation.  There was only one outlet in the kitchen I could use.  Not good!
Adding insulation!   Hopefully, our kitchen will be a little warmer and keep some heat longer.



My son with his smeared dragon eyes from a party the night before, his safety goggles and the snow shovel turned plaster shovel. 


So what exactly is my husband doing?  He is mounting a microwave over the stove, adding electrical outlets and insulation and installing at least two new cabinets.  More storage and more countertop space (since the microwave will be higher!!!!!!!!)  I'm so excited.  I'm going to have to paint the kitchen walls and maybe the cabinets a new color.  Any ideas or suggestions?


This is what the other side of the kitchen looks like now!  I don't think I will be cooking much for the next few days!  We will be surviving on goodies and treats brought by neighbors.  I'm hoping to find somewhere to go for a delicious Christmas dinner.

I'm hoping you all have a great Christmas and get exactly what you want!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Your little helpers are so adorable! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! That is one massive project but it will be GREAT! Congrats. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the soon-to-be new kitchen! You should paint it a pale orange, it always looks sunny and warm in an orange room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how exciting! I can't believe you only have one outlet, but that's how my apartment in Logan was too. Husband built me a little island and installed outlets in there for me. I still have that island in my new kitchen and use it ALL the time. How fun to get new stuff in your kitchen! I have no real suggestions for the paint, etc. Oh, and by the way- we're having a BOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what my house looked like last year for christmas. We got a kitchen sink the day before christmas. We had a house full of people, and it was crazy, but I will remember it forever, and so will you.
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can come to my house for Christmas. Just a short all day drive away!!! Merry Christmas, enjoy the break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kitchen is almost as torn apart as yours today. We do have a stove wired in so will bake a turkey roast and simple fixings for the 25th. I bet many kitchens all over the USA are torn up just like ours, if only everyone could post it. Demolition and remodeling knows no holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just think of how beautiful your kitchen will look after the holidays! Those are some fine helpers you have there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Reminds me of Boxing Day a few years ago when I came home to 1/2 a wall missing ... our kitchen was about to start a renovation too! I love my kitchen now! Hope yours turns out well for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen will be gorgeous when all is said and done! Don't you wish you could just click your heels and make it happen though?! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I always like to know what you think of the projects I highlight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...